PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 14th Jul 2018, 07:16
hoduka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stick_pusher
Hey man, might be a silly question but I have to clarify that for myself - when they tell you to fly QDM and QDR how is this thing really happens?
they just tell you "Fly QDM of 250" and then you need to fly 250 inbound on the 070 radial?
or for example, "Fly outbound on a 020 QDR" and then you need to fly 020 heading on that radial?

I would be happy if you can clarify that please :-)
Hi,
Not the one you asked but I might help
So, if they say " Fly QDM 250 to XYZ", you have a look at your RMI, clairify where you are ( ie. which QDM you are on) then look for where to go and decide which way to turn to get there, bearing in mind the distance from the station to get an intercept heading around 30-45 degrees.
QDM automatically means that you are flying towards the station, which is radial 070.

Same with QDR, which is the radial from the station, RMI- where you are-where to go, where to turn.

If you remember, Push the head - pull the tail that will help. ( as whereever the RMI needle points is your current QDM and where the tail points its the QDR )

h