PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smart Aviation in Poznan, Poland - Visit
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2018, 09:33
flugas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi JakubEGSC! Thank you for the amazing report! I am also looking for a school in CZ or PL right now where I can do the CPL ME-IR and among other schools, I visited Smart Aero (not Smart Aviation) at the Modlin Airport near Warsaw. Modlin is the Warsaw airport which is used by Ryanair.

One of their student pilots also works as an administration/sales guy there and he was waiting for me when I arrived at the airport. There was also an airport security control and a car took me from the security control to the school's hangar. Their facilities and hangar were clean and large, their airplanes looked fine and the person who showed me around was friendly and knowledgeable. For the IR training, they use the simulator of another Warsaw school. According to them, Smart Aero has a few instructors who are also airline pilots, but I do not have a clue about how many or how good or bad they are. All in all I liked what I saw there, but unfortunately I did not ask to fly with one of their instructors. I might visit them again and do that at a later point. Do you already have a favourite school in Poland? Has anyone visited any of the schools in Mielec?

Last edited by flugas; 12th Jul 2018 at 11:44.