PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2018, 07:52
SealinkBF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
The compensation culture in this case has less to do with the USA and more to do with the daftly drafted and enforced EU261 rules. The compensation should be amount to the cost of the flight, no more, and no less. As it is someone booked a promotional fare can easily make a large profit out of a 3 hour delay, which taking recompense a step too far.

I despair of people who whinge because on minor delays on rail or air travel. When I get into my car to make the journey from Nottingham to Birmingham I can't guarantee whether that journey is going to take one hour or 2 hours, or anywhere in between, yet nobody (yet) is suggesting that the organisation responsible for the roads, or the person responsible for an accident that results in my delay pays me compensation, and I don't expect compensation from the car manufacturer if I have a breakdown. Yet the circumstances under which compensation can be wrung from airlines (or rail operators) appears to take no account of the law the "sh1t happens".

The problem today is too many non-win no-fee lawyers, and too many keyboard warriors.
Couldn't have said it better myself!
I was given a Flybe GBP250 credit for a delayed GBP20.00 flight, and admittedly, two flight were cancelled and I was deposited at a different London airport. Still, it wasn't a total inconvenience really and the compensation was insane.

Mind you, C2C trains offer 'Delay Repay' after a two minute delay...