PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS 350: "Hold my beer son and watch this!"
Old 9th Jul 2018, 15:41
Rotorbee

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
I am with aheoe26104. I think I know, which company it is and if this is true, they are neither test pilots nor military trained for such manoeuvres. They are just very high time pilots, who probably have done this kind of flying since the time of the Lama. If they do this all the time, the bean jar for some components empties faster. I have seen AS350 MRB unserviceable, because the ships were left out in the weather without tying the blades down. The constant up and down due to the light wind killed them. The owners were not aware, that this could happen. It is absolutely irrelevant, if Airbus does have maintenance instructions after a flight beyond the normal envelope. Wear and tear will show, that the ship was abused (hopefully early enough). It is also absolutely irrelevant, if Airbus has demonstrated even more extreme manoeuvres, because the test ships will have a much more rigorous maintenance, than production ships and Airbus will not fly the ships for hundreds of hours like that, just to show it can be done.
Probably they will be lucky and nothing happens, if not, the final report will show if the macho flying style was a factor.