PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2018, 13:45
GKOC41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bex88
My commute takes about 1:10 - 1:15 most of the time but according to that map I am not within 90 minutes. More to the point if BA are so concerned why do they continue to roster me trips with the minimum time at base. 12hr 30 minus the 3 hours commuting (still within the rules you see) 9:30 rest really........strangely they are not bothered about that. Secondly who if anyone will be within 90 minutes when they dig up the M25 to build the third runway. Probably not an issue as we will all be retired but it’s a thought.
bex88
They are not worried about you they are worried about long distance commuters (albeit you could argue is that 90 mins by road or plane?)
The sleepy scientists will tell you there is no difference driving another 90 minutes for 3 hours rather than watching Eastenders and Coronation Street then driving 90 mins.
What they will be looking for is unreasonable commuting e.g. over night as per the previous comments, or long distance then hanging around in crew rooms etc.
It can't be any coincidence that the two (may have changed) UK AOC's with approved FRMS both have commuting protocols with their Crew members.
What "they" want from you is for "we" BA and you as a crewmember being concerned about your colleague having commuted all night/day then undertaking long FDP / delays / bad weather at destination etc.
My own personal opinion is that the majority of BA crew members manage their commuting, as always it's the usual 5% that Airline management spend 95% of their time dealing with (probably even less at BA)