PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2018, 18:57
skoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Pudding
Which part of subconsciously act in a way that maybe interpreted wrongly do you not understand.

This even happens during training and checks

I would strong advise you to not meet others prior to doing a group exercise for a selection with an airline.

Those who will be conducting the selection will assume you're all meeting for the first time and your behaviour will be accessed on that.

If you think differently, crack on and good luck.

Bit rude tbh, sharing your opinion is one thing, demanding it be accepted as fact is another. I done a very similar selection process when I joined the Royal Navy as an officer and we were actively encouraged to meet the other candidates the night before. It will do you no harm at all if you chose to meet others or if you decide to sit in your room by yourself, as long as you have prepared as best you can. Given the nature of pilot selection it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility some people will have met before anyway. Don’t over think it. Act naturally and be calm. No one is checking whether you speak first/ last etc. They want to see active participation and someone who can be considerate as a team member but not shrink into the background and be dragged along.