PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - am i dreaming ?? qatar airways related
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2018, 07:58
Seagull201

Originally Posted by sc300tt
hey guy i need your input on weather to go for it or just shut it down
ok so im 45 years old kuwaiti, been thinking of going to flying school probably the qatar aeronautical college to become a commercial pilot and apply for a job at qatar airway,

so assuming flying school will take around two years to finsh that put me at 47 with no type rated licence and who knows how many hrs on small airplane, ive been told that qatari comes 1st and then the citizen of the gulf region and thats it also heard that they can take type rated pilot with at least 500 hrs with no more that 50 years old at the time of applying, what are my chances ?

would love to hear your inputs specially the qatar airways pilotthank you
You are not too old to become a Commercial pilot, even at 50 years of age.

If you are hoping to be a pilot just to get into one company, then you won't get any where.

Concentrate on getting qualified as a pilot first, if you're going to walk around all day and all year, just seeing big jets in front of you,
then it's not worth doing it.

After getting qualified, get an A320 or B737/800 type rating, try airlines in Cambodia and Vietnam, could be a chance.

If you have a truck load of money (150K to 200K USD), ready to spend, go for it, if you don't have the money, forget it..

Also, you have to be aware of all your available options, once qualified,and if you don't get a job in your country or other places,
whether you can return to your previous work/job, you have to continue to live and work.