PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2003, 13:42
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S-T

How is that different to what we have now?? (genuine question, not being a heavy metal driver).

If there is a difference then it seems RPT (big) need us in GA to have ADSB as well, perhaps they'd like to help our lobbying of Govt

But if they think we are going to pay because they want to fly in E, then I fear a political poo fight about to start.

E belongs Everone. Don't like it, stay in A!!! Ay???

Blastoid, I will reply to you here. yes, there are 2 units, one with one without CDTI. CDTI isn't necessary, but helps situational awareness and means two pilots are looking at traffic. Helps safety I suppose.

But I will continue to suggest that AirServices will pay for Mode-S installs because they have told me that is an option on their agenda. Now given that isn't it in all our interests to be pushing for it.

I disagree with you over the cost of CDTI. As long as we can keep CASA and the 'TSO looneys' out of the loop (don't get me going on TSO!!!), the units will be cheap. I would suggest that the ability to have all aircraft aware of all others presents such a significant safety case we should all be supporting that as well.

AK

Last edited by snarek; 6th Oct 2003 at 13:57.