PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 17:51
Eraclito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnnyjd91
Hi guys,
I have been through the cut e process before with another company (non aviation related). The following is the process used at the assessment centre for that job, maybe this one won't be a million miles away, take from it what you want, it may be of some use:

Group excercise: Divided into teams of 6, set a task of building a lego model, with numerous option and fake currency to buy video instructions on an ipad, a book of instructions, get to view built model for a few moments, the exercise is timed and your a marked as a team on completion time, money left over and accuracy of model. This is only part of it as for every member at the assessment there was a cut e or company rep sitting behind you taking notes on your input/interaction with the group/ability to lead or follow etc.

Role play: you are briefed with a scenario related to the job role, you enter a room with a cut e rep and a company rep and complete the scenario while the company rep pretends to be a client and interacts with you and throws a few curve balls at you to see how you handle the situation whilst the cut e rep marks you.

2 to 1 interview: this one was tricky as the cut e rep conducts a normal job interview covering all the basics and the company rep picks out little bits of info you give and apply them to the job role, but if you change your answer or contradict what you said to the first guy he pulls you on it. Example: I am not a person who deals with confrontation. And you tell the company rep you would be able to deal with a confrontational client or Co worker the cut e guy will refer back to your first statement.
That is basically the mode of the interview where they play you off each other, it's like a minefield but if you stick to your guns you will be fine.

That was the format for the assessment centre for that job in particular, as I said it's probably not going to be identical but this info may help some of ye to prepare.

As for me I'm still waiting.....

thanks Johnnyj , useful and informative - not only for the aviation sector...