PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Aviation Summit – Wagga Wagga – 9th & 10th July 2018
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 06:05
Lead Balloon

Received 419 Likes on 209 Posts
Some posters evidently have little-to-no first-hand experience of the laughing contempt that OPC drafters have for the likes of the draft amendment proposed in the Summit Programme/Agenda.

I’m trying to assist by suggesting an alternative that is less likely to precipitate laughing contempt from OPC drafters. Others with more experience than me in dealing with OPC drafters can of course assist even more by suggesting an even better alternative. This stuff doesn’t need to be done in secret - after all, it’s eventually supposed to make it into a law that everyone can see.

What I will guarantee is that the draft amendment proposed in the Summit Programme/Agenda will never make it to the Civil Aviation Act. And ‘drafting by committee’ in the form of a Summit is usually a quick way to madness rather than improvement.

PS added as I just saw Ben’s: Ben, I’d suggest you suggest my proposed amendment above as the ‘straw man’ amendment. Let rocks be thrown at it. I’ll think you’ll find it turns out to be a little more robust than the version in the Summit Programme/Agenda.