PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confusion, Advice Needed!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2018, 18:28
ComeFlyWithB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confusion, Advice Needed!

Hi All,

After reading through recent comments on Brexit, Licenses and so on I am fully confused,

My original plan was as follows:
- Finish PPL here in the UK
- Commence ATPL's with Bartolini Air and undertake the exams in Poland
- Hour Build up to 90hrs PIC most likely in the U.S
- Complete the CPL/ME/IR package with Bartolini Air
Total cost around £34,000 after finishing my PPL

I am now a little unsure if going down the process of the FAA training and then converting to EASA if this could be a potential option/change of plan. I apologise in advance if this is a simple question/explanation but I like to have a clear pathway.

Am I correct in thinking it would be a case of the following:

1) Enrolment Process at an appropriate flying school in the US e.g American Aviation Academy or European Flight Training
2) FAA Instrument Rating?, given I will already hold an EASA PPL and more than likely 14 ATPL Passes
3) Hour Building to reach commercial program start incl 50hrs under IFR
4) EASA CPL-ME
5) EASA Instrument rating conversion in Europe, What would this consist of if I have 50hrs PIC time under IFR ?
Total cost around £35,000 plus accommodation and flights but with the benefit of having FAA ratings.

What would the purpose of holding an FAA CPL be, if I could find a way to obtain a visa would I be eligible to apply for jobs in the USA or Canada with an FAA Instrument rating and CPL or is holding a fATPL issued by an EU CAA eg Poland as opposed to the UK sufficient to work worldwide (visa/work permits allowing)

Is the FAA route of doing things and obtaining an FAA IR/CPL in any way more beneficial than my original plan ??

Thank in advance for any and all help / information.

B