PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2018, 01:24
skyinthepie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Active hold

Hi everyone, new member here looking for some emotional support and simply to share my story to see if anyone is in the same boat. I applied for QCCA Melbourne base back in August 2016 and are still on active hold. Here's my timeline:
  • 9th Sep 2016 - assessment day in MEL
  • 12th Sep 2016 - reference checks done
  • 20th Apr 2017 - security email link received
  • 30th May 2017 - medical check completed
  • 22nd Nov 2017 - phone call to advise active hold has been extended to April next year
  • 15th May 2018 - update phone call to say I may be placed in a ground school possibly July or August this year
  • 23rd May 2018 - complete my second medical check
  • 25th June 2018 - second security email link received.
I am trying so hard to remain positive and upbeat and the emotional stress is taking its toll. I'm trying to think of the long term and that the wait will be worth it. I knew the process would take time but had no idea it could even take this long! I previously worked for Virgin Aus and my recruitment process with them only took 4 months. I'm unable to plan holidays and stressing about attending my brother's overseas wedding in December which I booked flights for back in January. I've had to pay for a second medical which we all know isn't cheap, as well as multiple recurrencies for my CPR certificate. It's hard to hear about other applicants who applied after you but are already out there online. And now the security process has changed and I need my documents sighted and verified in person by a Qantas group head or someone in recruitment and I don't know how I'm going to achieve this. Just feeling very down-hearted right now and doubting myself. Is anyone experiencing this too?? Thanks for listening.