PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2018, 17:18
Eraclito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JetSetter77
Wishing the best of luck to all those who have applied..!

An opportunity to earn an ATP License with employment is unique and valuable.

I currently hold my FAA Private Pilot License here in the US, and am working on my Instrument Rating. As I'm sure all of you here know, flight training is not an inexpensive endeavor - and one that requires your full attention. There are a number of schools here that offer Airline Fast Track Programs, but none that compare to this opportinuty. Those selected for this program will receive training that few can afford on their own.

Again - the best of luck to all..!

Well done JetSetter77! The PPL is already a great milestone and should be given proper consideration in the selection process. Congrats to you for that.

I have recently completed my solo, probably so far my most satisfying achievement! I wonder how many applicants have started already their training and I am very curious if recruiters are going to take this into account. I was looking at previous edition and I have seen that were mainly very young students (I was told that some of them gave up half they way through, cannot confirm however, may only be rumors....

I agree with you for the costs.... I was looking at schools there in California and flying is a lot cheaper over there (US in general) when compared to European prices, the advantage to stay here is that you can take your time, work and fund the training... pros and cons on both sides...

Best of luck to you too !