PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 rejected take off. Confusion on flight deck.
Old 25th Jun 2018, 06:04
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Direct - the joys of (me) jumping into the middle of a thread you are correct the captains’ decision to ‘sort of’ do the checklist was not a brilliant one, I was commenting (albeit obliquely) more generally on the various thoughts about how the checklist procedures were intended to be done in a 2 crew environment and how having extra people on the flight deck both helps and hinders the workflow on the flight deck and a few other things.

I can understand (I don’t and didn’t say I agree with) why things played out as they did - he couldn’t see anything of any note from the flight deck, as Capn Bloggs suggested there wasn’t a huge amount of support/info from ATC, so he sent the relief pilot into the cabin to have a look.

This interrupted the normal (sim like) flow of events in the flight deck, he shut down the engine with the fire, and then they half did the rest of the checklists. As I said untidy.

i would hope I would do things differently, but until it happens to me (touch wood it won’t) I can’t really comment, but I can understand how things planned out as they did.