PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 25th Jun 2018, 00:38
Seagull201

post from September 2017

Originally Posted by going_up
Hi guys,
I hope you are all doing well! I have had a ton of inquiries from Aussie from all around the world asking about SkyWest. I have been with the company just short of two years now and was fortunate enough to be the first E3 visa pilot at any US airline. I cannot speak highly enough of how great my work/lifestyle is with SkyWest for my wife, little one and myself. Feel free to PM with any questions.
Skywest only just placed the ad on AFAP within the last 24 hours. SkyWest are eager to recruit Australian pilots who meet the E3 and FAA ATP requirements. Long story short, you do not need a degree in aviation, but you need 12 years work experience equivalent. How this works? For ever year of tertiary education (CPL, CIR, META, ATPL, etc) equates to 3 years work experience. So lets say you have been working for 6 years, and it took you 2 years of training to obtain your certificates full time, then you meet the requirements. That being said, a degree obviously covers this requirement without any further experience required but the degree must major in aviation. I am more than happy to help look at anyones situation who is looking to join Skywest.

I have already received a fair few guys emails and have contacted them directly. Feel free to give me a shout.

Thanks once again for all those interested!

Reading back through the posts on this topic, i'd like to know whether the above assumption still applies or is correct?

Does flying training to CPL/I.R/ATPL theory subjects, still count as 2 years, of the so called "4 year degree?"

Meaning,if a person "doesn't have a degree", the 2 years flying training (counts as 2 years of a degree),and 6 years of employment as a pilot,
covers the remaining 2 years of a degree (3 years work experience equals 1 year of a degree).