PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 24th Jun 2018, 03:11
LostWanderer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by vee1-rotate
Correct ... but when the government makes the rules, they can change/break/do whatever they want with them as they see fit. Having read back through this thread about guys saying they got through the system without the stated requirements, it makes me shudder to think how risky that is.

1 thing I am vary wary of being over here in the US, is if you get a red mark on your record (whether it be your fault, the consulates fault for approving you when they shouldn't have) this can create all kinds of problems trying to get back over here on another work visa (even if all your ducks are in a row) or even as a tourist.
Bingo. Just be fully aware of the score before you jump head first in to the E3 swimming pool As previously mentioned - and I may have been one of the few, I was required to provide evidence of education AND industry experience last time before I was approved, as a number of other folks have too that I know of. It was far from one of these "10 second interviews" some have had some time back.

I know of one airline here that has taken use of a third party to prepare paperwork, not sure if it is same one DSJ mentioned...I can't say I know a lot about that mob but from the folks I know there who are in the process...it sounds like its not impressing them much and is far from a well oiled machine.

Immigration/visa laws and conditions in the US really need to be followed to the letter, they take it extremely seriously. Sadly it will be the applicant that is punished more than the person who approves the visa if happens to go pear shaped. You sure don't want to get on the bad side of Uncle Sam! Good luck to all though! Play it safe guys and gals.