PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 23rd Jun 2018, 09:09
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by LostWanderer
If you don't have a bachelors in aviation or the required years of industry experience in lieu of said degree then please be extra extra careful with this process guys! Interestingly, I believe I have even read a few people mention recruitment at a few airlines are starting to tighten the bolts a little too in the requirement for a degree or 12 years flying experience.

My understanding is airlines can file the paperwork for anyone to take to a consulate...its on you to be honest about your qualifications and if you actually meet the specific E3 requirements at the end of the day. It's really not a good idea to just hope you get an easy consulate staff member.
LW,

Interesting and it raises another question or two:

(1) If an "aviation" degree is the only one meeting the criteria for an E3, does this put non-av degree holders in the same category as those with no degree at all, leaving time in the industry as the sole determining E3 criterion ?

(2) How is the "time in the industry" being calculated ? Paid, professional years only...training years + paid, working years ?

"...airlines can file the paperwork for anyone to take to a consulate..."...true enough. But it's the responsibility of the consulate to pass judgement on quals presented; applicants only have what they have. This looks like government makes the mistake...and YOU get punished for it. Yet another reason why the kakistocracy is never to be trusted.

Having E3s come here and fly has been a win-win deal. I automatically assume applicants have presented themselves honestly to a consulate. It'd be a shame to have this thing upended by actions of incompetent government cubicle droids but I won't be surprised if it is.

Last edited by bafanguy; 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:46.