PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE now recruiting for cx
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2018, 02:15
Flex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can we not just teach these people how to actually " fly"?

Originally Posted by LongTimeInCX
Rhino driver - Indeed!
I find it incredulous that a hammer approach to teaching people how to fly out of an unexpected position, that they probably wouldn't have gotten themselves into if they were initially taught well, is now being mandated.
In a previous life, it seemed I spent half the time upside down, or at max angle of attack, as the norm.
Strangely, I've found that both model A and model B both respond quite nicely to "flying the aircraft" back to our normal boring straight and level status quo. So rather than fix the problem, i.e. Teaching people how to maneuver the a/c at its limits, the bean counters have Scrooged it up, to apply a save-all band-aid fix.
Yeah I'm sure shouting out "Attitude roll pitch power " or whatever counter-intuitive bs they are currently spouting is going to save the day when El Capitano leaves spikey haired earring wearing millenials at the controls going through the itcz when one of the un-noticed red/purple cells bites young spikey in the @ss.
For the love of (insert deity here), can we not just teach these people how to actually " fly"?
FFS!
Sadly, no. Cost is too much relative MASSIVE fuel hedging losses. Then, when this fuel hedging loss is mitigated, a geek and his spread sheet along with a nodding DFO and GMF will find another reason to justify the dumbing down process (company wide every dept. btw)..