PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 03:27
Dafttemplar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your encouragement Seagull.

I suppose my Haste is due to a number of factors.
Firstly, I’m competing for positions with others who are 10 years my junior and the gap will only widen.

Secondly, my current industry (in which I’m working freelance) is in the process of a monumental shift, making my role obsolete very quickly and I suppose I’m just burned out from making several major career decisions that haven’t played out. The thought of focussing my energy elsewhere is invigorating and quite frankly a relief.

I’m not against the GA route, however; Airlines are ideal. For 12 years I’ve been on a constant hunt for work and if I’m to start a family I want a little more security from my employment. I want a position where I can put my axe on the grindstone sharpen my skills and know that a week from now I’m going to have a job. I’m sure there are jobs like this in GA though it doesn’t sounds like the norm. Shiny jets, global travel and big pay checks are all awesome but not the major drawcard and from what I’m hearing GA is in a bit of turmoil and the Airline world are facing shortages. It makes sense no?

I’m no academic but i’ve got diligence and intellect on my side. As well as some tertiary education but in a completely unrelated field. No doubt I will find the training intense but I have no doubt in my ability to keep up, I always enjoyed Physics and i’ve Spent the last few weeks brushing up on my maths skills.

On your recommendation I have read a little more into the Rex Cadetship and TBH it actually sounds pretty good.
I think I will put my hat in the ring.

Thanks again. It’s refreshing to not read so much doom and gloom on pprune