PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2018, 05:25
Manchester Exile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr A Tis
That's not a subjective view but reality, to suggest otherwise is denial.
Indeed it is denial. I don't know why so many people on this forum get so defensive about it. The passenger experience going through security at MAN is extremely poor compared to any other world airport that I've been through. And I go through around 25 departure terminals each year in Europe, Asia and the USA, and I speak from many years of experience.

I have a special fondness for Ringway due to it being my original home airport but the plain fact is that I've never been anywhere else where you regularly queue 45+ minutes to clear security. I don't know if the problem is due to limited terminal capacity, cost-cutting on staffing levels or something else, but it just does not happen elsewhere. I hope that queues can be reduced to a level that's on par with other airports when the TP is delivered. Having a pleasant customer experience will boost traffic as passengers will choose to fly again through Manchester rather than select another airport. I imagine that most readers of this forum want Manchester to have as wide a network as possible, and improving the outbound security delays will help to deliver that goal.