PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2018, 09:50
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The most recent T1 meltdown is not the first one in recent times. I was snarled up in one around three weeks ago. Same thing...Security A closed to all but Fast Track. Despite having a LH Business Class ticket I was directed to Security B on the basis of 'It'll be quicker - trust me'.
The queue for Security B trailed back through the check in queues for TCX. People were not sure which queue they are in and then started 'pushing in' to the part of the right queue that they thought they should be in - annoying other people in the process.
The queue trailed down the stairs from Level 5 to the ground floor then instead of going to the e-gates, snaked around the building actually in to the Jet2 Check-in hall before swinging all the way back the way we had come to get to the e-gates. At that point it was possible - 45 mins later - to actually start queuing for security, which was another 35 mins.
The direct result of this was successfully persuading Mrs FFMAN that our upcoming trip to Ireland would be by car ferry from Holyhead - for no other reason than to avoid the hideous ordeal that is now Manchester Airport.
Anyone reading this take note - either book your flights from an alternative airport or don't fly. Unless you're very lucky you will hate the whole rotten experience.