PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2018, 13:45
Curious Pax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Council Van
Who gives a sh1t about passenger, 10s of thousands will be along tomorrow to spend in the terminal
Ironically if the passengers are stuck in the security queue for 2 hours they won’t be spending as much in the terminal. Which is the likeliest trigger to getting the situation improved.

Seems odd that they suddenly seem to be short staffed (I’m assuming that’s the likeliest explanation for the delays) as I would have thought that today would be slightly quieter than last Monday as all the schools are now back. If England were playing a lunchtime match I’d be looking at absenteeism due to that, but the morning shift will all be home in time for the 7pm kick off tonight. I suppose the fact that it was Eid on Friday could also be a factor.

Despite being naturally inclined to defend MAN they don’t make it easy when their spokesman says “Due to high volumes of passengers we’ve experienced queues at security this morning”. Many things about aviation can be unpredictable, but in this case they will have known fairly accurately how many passengers were due to pass through, and the timeframes in which they were likely to arrive, so even a first year queuing theory student could work it out. It smacks of more staff being absent than expected, either due to calling in sick, or leavers not being replaced fast enough. They could be honest and say that.