PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2018, 10:39
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing more infuriating than extended delays and no appropriate contingency plans put in place.

The brand is Flybe, their name is on the plane, on the website and the boarding pass. So Flybe will get the hit for this in terms of backlash.

on a different note, maybe a bit of a grand assumption, but with Ryanair now coming to SEN, and sizeable passenger numbers to boot, will Stobart continue with the Flybe franchise?

I read above that the contract expires in 2019. Would the aircraft be better displaced onto an ACMI similar to Cityjet with SN and SK?

The Stobart arrangement on IOM is ending and BE assuming their own work their, and still some all white scheme ATRs floating around. I'm not convinced for the size of it, and previous behaviour of Stobart (taking the CWL DUB route over in what seemed quite predatory towards its franchise partner) that the arrangement will proceed.

Equally, creating an arrangement with Loganair (ex Flybe partner) at Carlisle, doesn't show an appetite to further develop Flybe brand at a new airport...

..thoughts? Again the above is opinion, my opinion, nothing concrete I know from within the industry..