PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2018, 09:52
Remains positive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon All,
A great Thread chaps and after having spent the past couple of days reading all of it I think it covers pretty much everything.There is only one question I have which relates to my family. The wife is from South America which I understand is commutable (notwithstanding a post I read about four hours ago relating to a South American who had his application turned down) however the length of the commute I think will prove too much. My question is this. Has anyone had any experience of moving their family (wife and two kids in my case) to a country closer to Japan, namely Vietnam, Thailand or Indonesia? We are all on UK passports (not that that may make any difference) and currently living in the M.E. so the prospect of them moving to the far east is attractive to them, and of course to me with them being closer to Japan. She doesn't want to go to the UK. Something about the weather.
Of course it will no doubt be prudent to get professional advice if or when the time comes however at this stage all I can ascertain from the aforementioned countries is that they offer work permits, which I would consider to be more restrictive than just permission to live, without the opportunity to work. The attraction for them being receiving foreign income into their country by way of house rental and schools fee's etc.If anyone has had any experience of obtaining temporary residence permits or equivalent, for their families in other countries I would be very grateful for a heads up.
If only I was single and didn't have to worry about schools everywhere I went......

Gracias Chico's