PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 17th Jun 2018, 16:04
hoduka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

As this thread was really, helpful, I want to do my share aswell.

Started with the sim, radar dep, QDM, fly to a beacon then vectors, severe fire in the galley, cleared for the procedural ILS in Liverpool 27. In the sim, the controls were harder then I expected, but more stable as well, so after a few turns you will get used to it.
Brief-brief-brief!
You will have plenty of time, even if youre the first to the sim. Its really important that you are on the same page! Things can get really congested, especially after the emergency, they might clear you to approach when you are flying with 250, and 2000 feet higher than you supposed to be so just generally now what you can and cant do, if not, ask for delay vectors or join the holding (even for a half, at least you are descending in the protected area), and you are properly get set up for the approach. If you have to opportunity practice in a 737 sim beforehand, to know where things are, for your own and for your partners good aswell. I used the one at Budapest, Pilots Simulator Center, with the help of good instructors for a reasonable price.
Help your PF if he/she gets a bit overloaded. Shall I ask for lower, I would suggest this heading for intercept etc. For example, after reading back a clearence, I put my hand to the MCP, as a reminder, same after gear/flap selection. If still no response, shall I set speed 170 would be a good reminder for your PF Ask,/ ask if we are ready for the checklists.

For me the interview was a fun conversation about aviation, had to explain a few things fro the really nice HR lady who was there at the assesment. But then again, the others had different impressions from the other training Cpt assesing them.

Got the positive message the day after. I dont think that looking at the pass rates gives you anything away, It seemed that if you are good enough, they will hire you. So if there are 12 good ones on the they, they will hire the 12, if there are 2 hitting the mark, then 2.

Good luck guys!

PS.: Anyone on FR1817 message me!