PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2018, 20:40
linmar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 172_driver
I am not so sure they won't find pilots for mainline. It wasn't a problem when recruitment opened in 2013 on a terrible pay. There is more to it than roster and pay. Proximity to friends amd family, particularly relevant when about to start a family. Some Scandis find themselves home abroad, many come home when the opportunity arise.

As for Norwegian, I believe SK Norway has seen quite a few people leave to NAS. Wasn't it in large for getting based closer to home? While there's been plenty of talk I really only know one in SK Sweden that has gone over. And that's stuff that usually spreads like wildfire.

Things have changed in the past 5 years. And many of the pilots that joined in 2013 and 2014 didn't even know the terms and conditions when they started. I've met a couple that was promised the old main pay scale when they joined but then realized there was a B scale in place.

5 years ago there was no SAS Ireland, Cityjet wasn't flying 22 ac, no Estonian company was wet leased and the general pilot market wasn't what it is today.

What is (was?) attractive with SAS is common seniority, long haul in house, basing close to home etc. But if RG gets his will through, those things are gone leaving it a company with substandard terms and no career prospects.

Time will tell.