PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates coming to town..THEY WANT YOU!!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2018, 07:01
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by raven11
Gnadenburg

It’s not a “claim”...you are paid more. The 13th month bonus is part of your contract, it’s not in ours. Sadly, as we CX pilots discovered last year, what that means is that the Dragon Air pilots and flight attendants, in addition to our flight attendants at CX, never have to worry about receiving it. That might seem inconsequential to you, but I assure you it’s not for us.

Can an you give me an explanation as to why you might perceive that as fair?

Raven

I don't like the way you are treated. Actually, I don't like the way we are treated or are going to be treated. It's not fair ! It's a destructive way to conduct business and drives immeasurable inefficiencies. But it may be the way forward we all have to get used to if they are shrinking CX?

Now I'd really like to see CX pilots' tax certificates. Say 10-15 year Captains so apples and oranges can finally be compared. I've asked many times on pprune and debate goes quiet. Soon after the regular bluster fires up again from CX pilots about KA pilots getting paid much more. The non-payment of your discretionary CNY bonus perhaps, will make a significant difference. But again, a look at annual taxation returns, may be brutally honest. Why don't you PM me yours?

When we were in our CC campaign at KA I can not recall whining about CX pilots getting paid more- and by the admission of RH you were! It is actually a professional slur on many of you. A legacy pilot foolishness and spite, that only ever achieves management objectives of lowering the COS of all. I think industrial-organizational psychology at CX plays this division well . Management are planting rumours about KA that will see CX pilots happy with small or zero gains in areas, as long as they think they are doing it better than KA pilots. Don't believe, read the trash here on pprune.

I'm happy to admit there are a number of jobs I'm envious of. CX and EK are neither of them.

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 12th Jun 2018 at 08:06.