PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK & FZ latest offers
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2018, 14:01
excrab

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Newcomer2

Thanks for the good laugh, I almost spilled my coffee on the keyboard!
Or you are in the top 5% of the seniority list, in that case please don't make a general statement from your particular situation
Much as I hate to use the words "to be fair to Flydubai", I'm well down in the bottom third of the captains seniority, having joined as a DEC.

My June roster has seventy hours of flying, only one deep night flight (and its a short one to Saudi), a 48 hour layover somewhere sunny that isn't DXB, and eight days off / leave at the end of the month. I didn't pay any bribes but I also don't bother bidding, just fly what I'm given.

Don't know where High Energy is on the seniority list, and also none of the other seven airlines I've flown for have been long haul, so can't really compare FZ to EK. But I've worked at worse places than FZ, even in the UK. If you come from a country where security may be an issue, or if you come from a turboprop / light jet and want a quick command on a reasonable sized jet, or if you want to be at home most nights then FZ isn't the worst place to be.