PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Fuel Rules! Land in a "field" what a joke!
Old 9th Jun 2018, 07:42
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AerocatS2A,
True, there are defenses under strict liability --- honest and reasonable mistake ---- but it is a very high test, Lead Balloon is the best bloke to explain it to anybody, but miscalculation of your reserves or finding the wind component a bit off forecast would no cut it.

Rod the Con,
Typical post, revealing your in-depth understanding of aircraft design, certification and operation.

Again, a short summary, the concept of FFR is to ensure you have enough ACTUAL motion lotion remaining, that the engine(s) is/are running at touchdown.

Megam,
Spot on!! At least somebody understand the principles of "Order of Accuracy".

When I can fill the tanks of a certain light twin, and the truck total is only <5 litres short of the nominal tank capacity, it gives me the shivers. Yet, in once case we investigated in depth, the pilot's and ships records all showed there should have been about 50 litres,was example of the day all the pluses and minuses totaled as minuses ---- and I know the pilot well, he is no cowboy.

On another occasion, from the same flying school, different pilot,the PA-28 wound up in the yard of a factory at Villawood, a few miles short of YSBK.

The concept of FFR is a really good idea, most of us have been doing it for ever, now it's just got a new name.

Tootle pip!!

PS; How much do you really know about how much fuel you start with, even with "full tanks".