PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA F/O faces Jail for reporting to work drunk
Old 7th Jun 2018, 09:54
42go

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Quote 'Mighty Mouse'

"I would hazard a guess that he might have developed an alcohol problem for whatever reasons in his life.

I do not excuse his behaviour but I suspect it was not a reckless disregard for the rules or common sense but something far deeper."

No sh*t Sherlock! I think you may be right. As a pilot you should know that pilots have a certain responsibility to act sensibly. This man did not. He suffers accordingly, and yes, I hope he is given appropriate help. I trust that your 'sympathies' for him would also extend to those car passengers he might have killed or injured driving to work while drunk, or those passengers and crew he likewise might have endangered as a crew member.

Whatever his problem, 'passed over' BA RHS queen, marital. financial or whatever, the public and his fellow crew have the right to expect that he would act sensibly. He did not. It was unforgiveable. I hope you are equally 'saddened' by his failure to exercise his responsibilites too? Your 'suspicion' that it was not a "reckless disregard for the rules or common sense" gives me and others in the aviation community great concern, in particular for your judgement as a BA Captain.