PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2018, 13:58
2078OWHC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon folks,

Just after a bit of advice really! Long story short I'll be going onto the 787 based out of BHX starting in August. I'm currently flying the Q400, doing 900 hours a year on a very busy 5 days on, two days off roster on an aircraft which tries to kill you at least three times a day the moment you take your eyes off it! Essentially jumping from an aircraft that weighs just under thirty tonnes up to an aircraft which weighs just under 300 tonnes, is slightly daunting but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I was wondering how others found the transition onto the 787. Was it a huge tech jump? How is it to fly? Etc...I don't think my usual routine of waking up and praying to the Bombardier Gods is going to work for the 787 as it does for the Dash!

In terms of rosters I'm very used to being worked to the ragged edge, doing 900 hours on full five day weeks with just two days and sometimes even less days off inbetween! Nonetheless I fully expect the LH rosters to be very busy aswell, but even so I'm hoping it'll make a nice change from the drumming I'm currently getting!

Cheers

Last edited by 2078OWHC; 5th Jun 2018 at 14:02. Reason: Didn't complete