PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kicked off flight for (not) being drunk
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2018, 23:07
Barnstable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kicked off flight for (not) being drunk

Apologies if this is the wrong section. My brother was removed from a FlyBe flight recently, a member of the cabin crew decided he was unfit to fly. He said that he was slurring, and appeared drunk. He was removed from the aircraft at Alicante and forced to but a new ticket on a different airline to a different UK city in the early hours and then get a train home the next day.

I was with him all day and can 100% guarantee that he wasn't drunk. I was with him all day, and had driven him to the airport. He'd had two beers all day. We arrived at the airport late, meaning he didn't have time to have a drink before boarding the flight. He dresses quite unorthodox, his hair is straggly, he has an unruly beard and tends to wear big hats and long coats. At first glance you'd think he was a singer in a hardcore metal band. He does drink but in this case he was very sober, he doesn't like to drink before flghts.

I wrote to FlyBe and they said that they kicked him off because he "appeared to be drunk". Given the number of normal looking people who travel in and out of Benidorm after consuming alcohol and are allowed to fly, I can only conclude that it was his appearance that got him kicked off.

So does he have any rights? Or should he just accept the decision?