PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2018, 19:06
flyboyike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
PA,

Yes, it strikes me the same way. They may lay out a process defining the NUMBER of Endeavor people they interview but that doesn't mean they have to hire that many [ [url]https://tenor.com/view/charlie-brown-fail-lucy-sports-football-gif-4460715 ]. Delta's overall interview success rate since they began serious hiring in 2014 is ~74-78%. I'd be curious to know what the success rate is for the Endeavor pilots they've interviewed over that time.

I know they have had "Endeavor-only" interview days in the past where the success rate for that demographic is not 78%. There's a website, readysettakeoff.com, that tracks such specifics for its members. I've seen bits and pieces concerning the Endeavor-only days but I can't document the success rate reliably from what I've seen (which was NOT 78%).

Endeavor is wholly owned by DL with an increasing dependence on feed they provide to mainline. I'd be surprised to see DL shoot itself in the foot by hiring away too many of its feed pilots. But I make no claim of clairvoyance or inside info.
A very good friend of mine who is an Endeavor Captain just had his second DL interview and didn't get hired. Supposedly, both times he missed it "by one point" (whatever that means). Personally, I truly believe it's DL's loss, he could be a poster boy for them in many, many ways, but alas. I don't think I've ever met a better pilot, or a more dedicated, passionate person. He tells me the success rate for Endeavor pilots is hovering in the 30-35% range. If that's true, I really don't see any further justification for the program. The Endeavor pilot group is easily at least professional enough to achieve such low numbers on their own without a "preference".

Last edited by flyboyike; 1st Jun 2018 at 20:15.