PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things are getting interesting at RYR for Cadets
Old 1st Jun 2018, 17:08
VJW

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Luke258
That's exactly what you're doing. How's it my fault if I earn 1000€ a month?? Stockholm Syndrom I see. How can you accept that you earn significantly less in winter? How can you have a stable lifestyle? If you don't get a basic salary you're screwed! Also if you get 20-30k basic and you think it's fine you're a fool. Your basic salary should cover most of your salary whereas flight sector pay should get you the bonus.
Btw it was not my fault since this airline canceled all flights to let line training guys fly.
Your attitude is, forgive my harshness, disgusting.

It’s your fault because you probably naively thought that the money earned during the summer is what you’ll get all year.

Not sure how my attitude can be described as disgusting. It’s very simple logic and if you chose to live like a king during the summer 100 hr months expecting that income to remain the same all year round when you well know you only get paid for 900 hrs a year, then that reflects more on you than me.

As you mention Spain- do me a favour and ask the guy working at the pool bar if he earns the same in the winter as he does in the summer, and more importantly if he budgets accordingly.

The ‘should’ points you make are of course correct. I’ve since left and am with an airline that pays me about 85% of my income as a basic salary. While Ryanair ‘should’ do the same, that doesn’t mean that for the 9 years while I was BRK I didn’t plan/budget/save knowing the winter months were slower. I find it amazing people whine about that- and even more amazing they come here to vent.

I know RYR need pilots but doubt they had a gun to your head asking you to sign that contract..