PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIPS / API CLAIM DENIED
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2018, 10:10
footballfanppl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a beneficiary you would say that wouldn’t you

Originally Posted by puff m'call
To set the record straight.

I joined LIPS now API many years ago after I joined EK not thinking I would ever need it, but still having comfort in the knowledge that I was covered.
Last year I got grounded and lost my medical permanently, a huge shock and a devastating blow as you can imagine. Once I had my letter of revocation from the GCAA I filed my claim with API, an easy process with no issues. EK were happy to provide me with a full copy of my medical records since my date of joining so I duly sent them off to Harvey Watt as requested. Research into HW lead me to discover that they are a professional medical organisation who have been in aviation medical and insurance business for many years.
It took several months for them to process my claim and contact was difficult, but there again they are dealing with API and the trust, not you!
Then came the long awaited email from API only to read that my claim had been denied due to a pre existing condition based on my date of joining, after close examination by myself I discovered that API's details were if fact incorrect and my joining date they had was wrong, they said they would look in to it. Within a few days they contacted was and apologised profusely admitting a mistake had been made and would resubmit my claim.

Needless to say it came back as all ok and my claim approved. I received many emails and phone calls from members of the API team apologising for the error that was made and the inconvenience to myself. My claim was back dated to the initial application and I'm now receiving full benefits. If you have a legitimate claim they will pay you, simple as that.

API is there for us the pilots and I would recommend anyone who is without cover to join right now!! You can't afford to be without it.

Isn’t this infringing the first rule of Prune posting
  • No advertising or promoting of business/commercial ventures.