PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways 2017 MPL
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2018, 20:24
Brett7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Felix Matix
Guys I've passed through screening phase now I'm heading to Southampton next year for Selection phase
Who has an idea how the selection day looks like?
Early start at Dibden, starts with a couple of introductions and depending on numbers you are split into 2 groups. One group goes to do the group exercises and the other group goes to do the maths and Pilapt. Group Exercises are standard group exercises looking for you to work as a team and get involved, it's not too much of an issue if you "fail" the exercises as a group as long as you worked together to get there. Maths test is 15 questions in 15 minutes I used Pilotaptitudetest.com to prepare that, if you can pass on hard you are safe. The rest is Pilapt, I bought the Skytest program to prepare for the Pilapt and it was really useful.

Then you go for lunch, which is generally pretty nice. After lunch you have the competency interview, if you have never been through a competency interview before you will need to research them and prepare the answers as it's easy to slip up at this kind of interview. What they are looking for is for you to be able to provide concrete examples of situations you have been in that relate to the question.

I got through at the end of last year and got through the final interview in March so should be starting in Southampton in November. Look forward to seeing you in the air.