PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2018, 15:43
aa777888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vertical Freedom
Hey aa777888.....Lets just say I don't agree with Your opinion on the Robinson running costs.... (no offense intended)
Hi VF--no offense taken!
If You owned & operated one personally & covered all the real costs then You'd know, but, only then. I know a few private owners that are covering all the real costs & it ain't anywhere as cheap as what You think!
I do own and operate an R44. I charge myself back for each hour I spend in it, and I charge the school the same when they use it as part of a lease agreement I have with them (not a full lease-back, but an hour-by-hour deal). I can honestly tell you I'm covering all costs, including cost of money on the loan. In fact, at the risk of jinxing myself by saying this, right now I'm slightly ahead of the game. Barring any unscheduled maintenance, I might be able to make an avionics investment next year. So now maybe you "know", in the internet sense, FWIW, another one
The primary reason the Robbo is so popular is because of the purchase price, that's it, end of story You really think Frank had some extra unique magic dust in his pockets when he created the cheapest machine on Earth? It's a numbers game & all numbers are basically equal, unless pixi dust is replacing the magic dust
So far my experience has been it is the cheapest from both a capital and operating cost perspective, and done without any magic. I seriously considered buying an old 369C or 206 for not much more. My goodness, I would so much rather be flying something like that. But it would cost me twice as much to fly per hour as the 44, and I simply can't swing that. Turbine maintenance and turbine insurance are expensive, as we all well know!
Be Happy; keep it in the green & do everything into wind, except pee
I will endeavor to do so, my internet-friend, thanks!