PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 3 crew long haul destinations this Summer
Old 27th May 2018, 18:51
GKOC41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rated De
To airline management almost the world over, regulatory limits are targets.
To an office KPI driven 'efficiency management' professional, there is ZERO regard for anything other than moving roster practice ever closer to a limit.
They of course have weekends off and no sleep disturbance, even if they find themselves listless, there is another sleep opportunity just tomorrow!
Your crew hotels another cost to be minimised.

Of course in a modern Orwellian nightmare like the UAE where Regulator and Airline Management are 'incredibly similar' when those limits are met, change the limits! Gives a whole new meaning to regulatory capture.
Fortunately unlike many other 'guest workers' in the UAE pilots are less indentured.
Rated De
Sorry I disagree. I'm currently in my 10th Airline spanning nearly 40 years and never has any Director mentioned regulatory limits being targets. Yes KPI are more of a buzz word these days as much as the word graduate required for any sort of job. And without doubt the cost of a decent crew hotel was never mentioned. If you know your stuff you can get great deals out of the Marriott etc. So please don't tar all Airlines with the same brush (or CAA's)
As for weekends off and no sleep disruption - I once complained I worked 12 hours at a weekend and got nothing as a Manager whereas a Pilot could work 1 minute past mid night and get ££££ - My DFO said "go get a Pilots job" - so my advice to you is go get a Office workers job and take the £££ that goes with it.