PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2018, 11:08
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Professional Amateur
I don't understand the appeal of the 'guaranteed interview' promise. It is completely non binding.
PA,

Yes, it strikes me the same way. They may lay out a process defining the NUMBER of Endeavor people they interview but that doesn't mean they have to hire that many [ [url]https://tenor.com/view/charlie-brown-fail-lucy-sports-football-gif-4460715 ]. Delta's overall interview success rate since they began serious hiring in 2014 is ~74-78%. I'd be curious to know what the success rate is for the Endeavor pilots they've interviewed over that time.

I know they have had "Endeavor-only" interview days in the past where the success rate for that demographic is not 78%. There's a website, readysettakeoff.com, that tracks such specifics for its members. I've seen bits and pieces concerning the Endeavor-only days but I can't document the success rate reliably from what I've seen (which was NOT 78%).

Endeavor is wholly owned by DL with an increasing dependence on feed they provide to mainline. I'd be surprised to see DL shoot itself in the foot by hiring away too many of its feed pilots. But I make no claim of clairvoyance or inside info.

A true flow seems to be a much better carrot.

The rumor mill says there's to be an announcement coming about some kind of university pathway to DL. I have no idea what format it'll be but guess it will involve Endeavor as that's the only regional over which they have complete control. While DL had the ill-fated Endeavor-to-Delta program involving what seems to be a relative handful of pilots, I'd be surprised to see them implement a true flow for all a la AA.

It's a puzzle...and I can't solve it.

Last edited by bafanguy; 27th May 2018 at 11:18.