PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 07:06
Dehavillanddriver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Snarek,

All of the domestic RPT guys that i have spoken to on this topic are in total agreement - NAS is going to produce problems.

The removal of DTI causes us much concern as does the frequency separation of IFR and VFR in E airspace.

To be honest I am not sure of what is going on anymore because the plot has changed so many times and the consultation/education process is abysmal.

I have been to many meetings where AsA said you can have anything you want as long as you are prepared to pay for it.

We say great we want DTI, and they say you can't have DTI, BUT you can have anything you want if you are prepared to pay for it!

It is a circular arguement - we want what they don't want to give and it stops there.

The first time that one of your AOPA guys frightens themselves stupid with a windscreen full of 737 or Dash-8 or SAAB - the AOPA position will change and it will be too late.

What we have currently works - there is not going to be any demonstrable cost benefit from NAS so WHY CHANGE??????

Change for change sake is hardly a smart way to go....

By the way I do agree that ADS-B will be of great benefit, but to get it into the heavy end of town is going to be very expensive and there needs to be a cost benefit - which will not be easy to prove.