PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trainee firefighter blows whistle, claiming teachers called students ‘fat f**ks, dumb
Old 24th May 2018, 00:13
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by YPJT
Still just trying to get my head around where giving orders and taking action" is justification for someone being called a "fat f*ck" or ""dumb". As Squawk7700 mentioned, even the military doesn't pull that crap any more. When I was an instructor at RMC Duntroon in the early 90s there were still a few knuckle dragging Neanderthals on staff who couldn't quite grasp the fact that you don't get the best out of an individual regardless of gender by shouting and screaming abuse.
If the facts of the complaint were not true I doubt very much that the disgruntled trainee would have gone public. AsA have not denied those facts but even here there seems to be people who subscribe to this type of behaviour.
The trainee may well have not been up to standard but there are more than adequate provisions under the AQTF to deal with this.
Folks,
One of the reasons I doubt the basic premise of the allegation is that I have never , in any aviation training (or other aviation) situation (this is not a building site and/or a CFMMEU "meeting") heard, or heard of such language being used, outside of a bar over a few beers, and never in a professional situation.
But I can well imagine ASA management going to water on the matter. And as some of you well know, I have been around aviation a long time.
If a few of you gave it a bit of thought before you jumped to abuse, yourselves, nothing I originally posted condoned the language allegedly used. I just need a lot of convincing the situation occurred as claimed, as opposed to just accepting the allegations of the disgruntled failed trainee.
Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 24th May 2018 at 06:38. Reason: vital punctuation correction