PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG mulls takeover of Norwegian?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2018, 21:07
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MCDU2
Given that anecdotally Norwegians T&Cs would appear to be worse than FRs and there seems to be a core of pilots who flip flop between these loco type carriers then perhaps it might well be a wake up call to them all to finally pull their fingers out, find an airline to build a career at and join a bleedin union and stick up for themselves for the betterment of us all. Then again maybe pigs will fly and these guys and gals will pop back to the sandpit/asia [insert region as appropriate] in search of another low tax break gig.
Clever man. HOW many legacy or even DECENT carriers are still around? I was in 2 legacy carriers myself during my career, both are no more(and both offered excellent terms and conditions, most likely that's why they are no more), I tried the sandpit(because there was nothing else decent around at that time), tried biz jets for a while till I figured out that that is another snakepit, returned to good old airline flying and ended up in RYR.
I was member of 3(!!) different unions in my pilot career, all of them sucked and did not help us at all - till the bitter end. Now we managed to initiate a turn around(maybe) in RYR management minds and still I need to read such BS from a guy that most likely just had the LUCK to end up on a better deal. All seasoned guys in this business know how it runs - best to be at the right time at the right place and your career is made. Others are not that lucky and have to earn their wings the hard (RYR) way. Nothing dishonest about, just a very hard school, nothing else.

We will see over the coming months how and IF that CLA(at least in Italy) is "falling" into place, most of us here wait to see if that happens or not. Simple as that. Would be rather stupid to force your way out(as many do) to end up in a very similar "gig"(Norwegian for instance but not exclusive).

RYR is not bad for guys who managed to get what they wanted - e.g. right base and/or right contract(direct for me is the only option). If on contract and far from home I would change as well(or better, I would have never joined).

Enough with that RYR bashing, have seen enough other jobs in my life that threat you worse(QR was one of them) and the better ones went upside down a long time ago. Few dinos still around, but honestly, I do not fancy BA at all and I am to old to join LH(and honestly I would never ever pay money to prepare for their idiotic test(which brought a mass murderer into a cockpit, let's never forget this). Nothing else good around - Cathay on new contract not worth it and the rest remains mercenary work(Korean, their Chinese brothers, the ME,...).

It's so easy to bash people about their choices. Fact is that RYR is far away from "dying on me" as so many others did during my long "career". Or do you suggest Airlines like Air France or Alitalia(lol) a safe place to be? Take a reality pill, be happy if you really(really really) ended up with a better deal(good for you) but stop distributing BS.

Would be a good thing if MOL would finally pull(or get kicked) out, I am sure that would improve the company a LOT.