PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2018, 14:23
panpanpanpan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
El Bunto - valid points. The irony is that if a company looks after its staff with decent Terms and Conditions and doesn't continually try and shaft them in order for the higher management echelons to get their performance bonus, staff will actually stay! If they are employed with a company that actually looks on them as assets that can be beneficial to the business rather than a business expense that needs to be reduced then loyalty will follow.

How many senior management levels within companies are on the same Terms and Conditions as the Joe Bloggs workers? Not many I would bet, but yet these same management types seem to think it is perfectly acceptable to screw those below in order for those on the higher levels to continue with the perks they believe they deserve. There has been a race to the bottom in past years for ordinary workers, I'm not sure if we have reached the lowest point yet but certainly the gap between those that actually do the work against those that declare themselves directors etc is patently unfair.

Sorry for the rant and thread drift but I think its unfair just to blame the security guys and gals at Aldergrove for the screw ups over the last few weeks. The blame goes further up the tree in my opinion. I have no doubt the proper summer schedule will bring further issues as has already been noted but if I was working a minimum wage job with aggro from both the public and also my bosses would I give a sh*t either? Probably not!