PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2018, 21:22
Glorified Dus Briver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by psunny
Hi guys,

I知 new here and just really curious about my career perspective in Australia. First of, I知 full Asian, been in Australia for the second half of my life so it痴 pretty much my home and I love it here. Last year I quitted my job to pursue a dream career being a pilot. Then this thought of the possibility of an Asian female pilot landing a job in Australia came to mind. No racism intended here but pure curiosity. My mom lives here with me and she got me thinking after I told her that I resigned from my fu値l time work to do flying, she just asked whether I was sane about doing it and whether I just have this sweet dream of getting a job as a pilot being a woman and an Asian... I致e never encountered any racism myself and my mom痴 comment is probably the most racist thing ever said to me. What do you think guys? If I were to study in the same class with me and fly with me would my race and gender be an issue? And yea, I知 very paranoid at that question because I知 not a talkative type and more of an introvert. The school I知 planning to do the training with is 99% Aussie Guys... I知 probably gonna be the only girl and the only Asian. And since I知 super new to this whole aviation thing, usually a person would obtain a CPL then an instructor rating and work their way up to get to the airline right? Would you learn to fly with an Asian female instructor? By the way, I have an Australian citizenship and one of the SE Asian citizenships. And guys, I just need your true honest opinion. No racism or sexism intended. Your opinions much appreciated. Thanks.
There is one female Asian pilot in QF.

There are male Asians in QLink.

There are male Asians in Rex.

And when I say "Asian", I refer to 2nd gen. Asian with Aussie upbringing like yourself. Don't give it much thought, enjoy the ride!