PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair bases in Poland.
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2018, 07:50
Full_blast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bounce'em all
Dear all,

does anybody have any actual insight on the Polish Ryanair bases? DECs’ rosters, hours, and therefore salaries?
We all heard about last year’s hype, but no factual data since. And what’s this Ryanair Sun they advertise in Poland? Any impact on pilot’s conditions?
Many thanks to whoever will contribute. In exchange I can offer info concerning similar carriers in the Middle East.
Hi,

Roster is 5 on 4 off.
Ryanair are short of captains so you can expect 800/850h per year.
Salary depends on the contract you have (and therefore how much tax you pay) I know very few captains employed in Poland with a direct Ryanair contract (netting around 5000€ month). Most of them were "availing" of the Storm contract, not paying the correct amount of taxes so they were definitely netting more.
Ryanair Sun is a ridiculous wannabe charter company.
Management started advertising Ryanair Sun positions internally stating that interested pilots needed to hurry up as positions were all almost filled. Those who wished to join Ryanair Sun would be "employed" on a contractor model only, working in summer only with a 5/2 roster. Salary lower than that in Ryanair "mainline", I only remember FOs would net around 3000€ net on average. Time passed and they kept on advertising, phonecalling polish pilots that were based outside of Poland (only a coincidence? Probably not), asking them if they wanted to join Ryanair Sun so that they could be based in Poland.
Right before starting the operations (1 month or so before) Ryanair started looking for volounteers to join Ryanair Sun on present contract conditions for the summer season. Outstanding positions would be filled with pilots borrowed from Ryanair mainline operating "out of base".
So in the end I guess hurrying up was not required.
I can't honestly see any advantage in joining Ryanair Sun as money is less, roster is worse, overnights, night flying and pick ups will be scheduled.

I hope this helps.