PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to Europe in small plane, avoiding visas
Old 20th May 2018, 13:43
M-ONGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jikuda
Hi,
I had this crazy idea that I want to hire a pilot with a small plane to fly me from the US west coast (or east coast) to Yugoslavia. (another options are the Carrabien like Nevis, St. Kitts

Questions:
Is it even possible?
how long would it take?
how many times would we have to refuse in a typical small 1 prop plane?
When we refuel in various countries and just get out of the plane to stretch and use the bathroom would we alway have to show our passports and visas (definitely something I do not want to do)?

Any other things to consider?

Appreciations for your reply

PS: Just for a thought experiment, would it be possible for a small plane to carry enough fuel in an extra tank behind the seats to make it there without refueling?
It would also be a very expensive undertaking.

There are are a few problems here, not least the aircraft and pilot would need to be on an AOC or American equivalent. No way would they have approval for what amounts to taking a fare paying passenger across the pond in a single prop. This equates to a commercial flight. If you owned the aircraft, then that’s different.

I would personally refuse to take anyone who refuses to get out, show passport and visas etc. You appear to have something to hide. Another thing, you would have to stop in Canada. Canpass would/should already have your details and know who you are. Iceland will check you, for sure. The U.K, certainly.

In a small single (even twin) this would take days. Obviously, you would need to stay overnight at least three nights, maybe more. Then there is the weather...

You are are aware that Yugoslavia is no longer a country, I take it?

Last edited by M-ONGO; 20th May 2018 at 14:07.