PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2018, 12:16
C.A.L.I.S.P.A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot believe this happened

Fellers this happened to me a few weeks ago with regards to recruitment for the Virgin/Tiger group.
It started with an EXPRESION OF INTREST which I sent to tiger regarding a positon on the A320 in Sydney. Within a week or 2 I got an email from Virgin/Tiger saying , please go to there web site and book your self in for an interview, it was going to be based over 2 days, first day sim ride then personal interview followed by day 2 with the group activity. Within another week I get an email from Virgin/Tiger saying that the sim will be at 0800 , so be at the Ansett sim centre in YMMB at 0700 for a brief, then at 12.30 go to tiger head office for the group activity , followed by the final Interview.

So I turn up at 0700 on the Monday Morning, I am briefed with 4 other guys on a sim exercise in the 737- 400-700, I went through the flight with the CP ( Craig - EX Emirates) - he did say that the exercise went well, then at 12.30 we completed the group exercise , flight from Sydney to LA, fuel required etc etc etc, then a personal Interview - Both Virgin HR and Tiger HR were there for both the Group and personal interview, I then went on a plane home.

The following day around midday when I got a phone call from Virgin recruiting, A young Lady said have you got time to talk, I would like to DEBRIEF you on your interview yesterday ( in my 26 years in the industry this is a FIRST time this has happened) in which she debriefed me on the Interview , saying that the CP who completed the simulator was happy with my exercise and can make the transition to the jets, then on the group exercise we were happy with how you handled the situation, kept people in the loop, took other peoples discussion etc, etc ,etc, then she debriefed me on the personal interview, and discussed how the question were asked how I handled various situations and where happy with the response, BUT WHEN ASKED WHY JOIN TIGER - I gave a generic answer and am not progressing with your application, so you can not apply for the next 12 months to Tiger , but your Virgin applications are still valid.

WTF, I have been knocked back from jobs for not having the knowledge or flying skills - FAIR CALL, but been knocked back for a simple question - that is a first, what is going on ?