PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how acurate are flight radar sites
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2018, 14:08
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ExXB
We had a U2 flight into GVA that diverted to a remote stand (rather than the gate shown in the airport’s website) and popped its front left door before the steps arrived. Only 2h58 late.

We had to wait 20 more minutes for the buses to show up.
Do go and challenge them, you're sure to win. Verbatim ruling of the judgement, my bolding.
delay to which passengers on a flight have been subject, refers to the time at which at least one of the doors of the aircraft is opened, the assumption being that, at that moment, the passengers are permitted to leave the aircraft.
The original press release linked in my previous post explains:

The situation of passengers on a flight does not change substantially when the aircraft touches down on the runway or when the aircraft reaches its parking position, as the passengers continue to be subject, in the enclosed space in which they are sitting, to various constraints. It is only when the passengers are permitted to leave the aircraft and the order is given to that effect to open the doors of the aircraft that the passengers cease to be subject to those constraints and may in principle resume their normal activities.

Again my bolding, sorry for cutting the quote too short previously.

------------

TangoAlpahd: Well, exactly as you say: go to lengts to save your provider's money?
- maybe Calling for a remote stand which will be assigned by ATC - no need for them to ask questions ...
- maybe the station manager arranging properly (and maybe even paying to airport fairly) for a stand right next to the runway exit ...
- The crew popping the door before the steps arrive: which is a violation of ramp operating policies and any common sense ...

Last edited by FlightDetent; 17th May 2018 at 14:25.