PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEIR Training Frequency
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2018, 09:31
Parson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did my ME IR before my CPL so after into 6 hours ME flying (VFR) I was straight into the full time ME IR course from a C152 - a steep learning curve. I did benefit from flying every day, after the initial sim sessions, and I suppose I reached a 'peak' for my test. I did a couple of revalidations in the aircraft after that which were, naturally, years later and more spread out. At that stage, I found it beneficial to have some 'breathing space' between lessons (only a couple of trips) but it does give you more time for prep and review of your performance - and to think through what you are doing/have done rather than bang straight into the next lesson.

I would have a chat with the school where you are going to train. It will cost more but if it means that you can keep working rather than take unpaid leave, then overall cost may be less. Despite being IR training, it is still weather dependant - high winds or thunderstorms can ground you. So every other day might turn out to be once/twice a week.