PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEL Tower — Go Slow?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 08:16
GA Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You might be able to nail the fix time to 10 seconds from a 1000 miles out, fantastic. But it just doesn't work well in the real world when there are more than a few aircraft in the sky. Do they actually use that as a sequencing technique anywhere in the world?
The problem with this statement is, Australia nor Melbourne, are the only airports in the word that suffer from these problems.

le pingouin To be clear, these are NOT your words, but often the ATC response to any of these problems is, 'too many aircraft pop up between xxxx miles and the airport whilst your chugging along, we can't manage this any better as they aren't part of any program/plan/system' You have the flight plan, they're coming! When I've queried why the traffic holding can't be increased BEFORE I get airborne, the statement is much the same. 'We can't do anything about it.....'

Refer my statement above. Plenty of other airports have this issue yet don't have the problems. Sydney suffers from Canberra and Albury traffic just as much as Melbourne if not more.

Not attacking you mate, but you do seem to be in the know and the most dogmatic with response!